Sliding Scale Discount Program
Juniper Health provides services to all patients regardless of a person’s ability to pay. To assist patients who may have difficulty paying, Juniper Health offers a sliding discount program for our uninsured and under-insured patients who meet federal eligibility guidelines.
The Juniper Health sliding-fee-scale discounts are based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines. If your family qualifies for discounts, you will be assigned to the appropriate sliding fee scale level based on the following table:
Based on Annual Household Income
- 0% level patients pay a small fee up-front at each visit. Each medical and/or behavioral health visit will have a $20 fee. This fee covers your visit, labs and x-rays. Each dental visit will have a $30 fee. This fee covers only your visit and x-rays. Additional fees will apply for items such as dentures, partials, crowns, bridges, etc.
25%, 50% and 75% Levels:
- Patients who qualify for these levels pay a discounted portion of each visit. The portion paid varies by eligibility level and services provided.
Proof of Income
Proof of income is required to determine which sliding fee scale level your family is assigned. To apply for the sliding discount program, patients will need to provide verification of income. Juniper Health Clinics accept the following documents as proof of income:
- Recent Paycheck Stub
- Letter from Social Security/Disability
- Copy of Bank Statement/Check to Verify Child Support/Alimony/Unemployment/Worker’s Comp payments
- A Letter from family/friend who gives you money. To meet federal requirements, this letter must be dated, signed by the person writing the letter, a specific amount of money must be mentioned and must have the address and phone number of person writing the letter
- A copy of your most recent tax return
Patient interested in applying for the sliding discount can complete the Sliding Discount Application and bring it and proof of income to their appointment.
We realize that there are some patients who do not meet the criteria to qualify for the sliding discount program. In these instances, it is our intent to work with our patients to set up payment plans. Please feel free to contact the administration office at (606) 464-0151 for more information.
340B Discount Program
Juniper Health partners with several pharmacies to offer the 340B program, a program to provide discount pricing on medication.
- Booneville Discount Drugs
- Family Pharmacy
- Hometown Pharmacy
- Jackson Apothecary
- Owsley Prescription Center
- Stufflebean Pharmacy
- Village Apothecary
- Wolfe Prescription Center