Welcome to Juniper Health. If you or a family member have never been been treated at one of our clinics, the first step is to find the location closest to you. Get contact information to schedule an appointment at one of the Juniper Health locations here.
Preparing for your visit
You can view and print the registration packets, fill them out, and bring them with you on the day of your appointment. We ask that you do not sign or date the registration forms until you have checked in at the registration window. The registration packet contains all the documents you need for registration. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.
Items you will need at your visit:
- You will need to bring the following on the day of your appointment: driver’s license/photo ID, insurance card, medications, and co-pay. If you are uninsured or are underinsured and would like to apply for the sliding fee/discount program, please bring acceptable proof of income. You will find this listed on the Sliding Discount Program page.
- You can view and/or print our Medical/Behavioral Health Registration Packet and our Dental Registration Packet to make the registration process quicker and easier. If you choose not to print your registration forms online and bring with you, we ask that you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your appointment time. This allows time to complete your registration and prevent delays.
- If you are a minor or under guardianship, your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) must sign the registration paperwork. At the first visit, parent(s)/legal guardian(s) can sign a form listing others who may bring the patient to their appointments.
- If you are a guardian, have custody or power of attorney of said patient, you must bring your paperwork to the appointment with you. The patient cannot be seen without this paperwork.
- If you have a Advance Directive/DNR or living will, you will need to bring this paperwork with you as well. It is your responsibility to provide this information to us.
- Payment is expected at the time of service. We accept cash, check, debit, and the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, Discover and Humana Access cards.
- Bring all of your medications with you to every appointment.
Insurance and Payments
Juniper Health treats every patient regardless of insurance or ability to pay. Our Sliding Discount Program outlines eligibility for discounts. Also, Juniper Health partners with state agencies to assist patients in obtaining insurance though the Affordable Care Act’s health exchanges.